"Maturing Workforce Webinar - Can Your Aging Workforce become a Competitive Advantage?" This was held October 7th, 2010. Experts presented their thoughts on the analysis of the Maturing Workforce Survey results.
- CPI’s 2010 Maturing Workforce Survey results. More than 1600 respondents participated in the survey. Download this 9 page analysis of those results to see if your thinking compares to that of others within and outside your industry or sector.
CPI's Results of Global Mature Workforce Survey 100810.pdf
- Press Release. This 2 page press release recaps the Maturing Workforce Webinar.
Press Release- CPI's Maturing Workforce Survey Results 100710.pdf
- Answers to Questions. Coming soon! Please check back to see the panelists' answers to the questions asked on the webinar.
Expert Panelists from the Webinar
Maria L. Campbell
Corporate Director of Diversity, SC Johnson
- More than 20 years of business experience in SC Johnson business units ranging from Engineering, Marketing and Human Resources (SC Johnson is a 124-year-old company with more than $8 billion in sales and approximately 12,000 people globally. It manufactures household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care and insect control.)
- Her efforts have gained visibility for SC Johnson with awards such as AARP Best Companies for Workers Over 50, DiversityInc Top 50 Companies, FORTUNE’s “100 Best Places to Work For”, Hispanic Magazine’s “Corporate 100 List of Top Companies for Latinos”; Working Mother Magazine’s “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” and many more
- Featured in such national publications as BusinessWeek, Forbes, Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology Journal, and DiversityInc.com; frequently asked to speak with corporations, universities and conferences
- Championed SC Johnson diversity policy and strategic workforce planning; benchmarking of best practices with 35 organizations and universities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University and a Master’s Degree in Management from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University
Dr. David DeLong
Official Analyst of CPI's 2010 Mature Workforce Survey Results
- President of David DeLong & Associates, a consulting firm that helps organizations build future workforce capabilities and increase the retention of critical knowledge.
- Research fellow at MIT’s AgeLab; served as adjunct professor at Babson College, teaching an MBA course on “Leading and Managing Change”
- Author of the widely-praised book Lost Knowledge: Confronting the Threat of an Aging Workforce (Oxford University Press), co-author of forthcoming book The Executive Guide to High-Impact Talent Management (McGraw-Hill)
- Consulting, speaking and research focused on helping executives find solutions to the challenges created by an aging and changing workforce
- Over 600 interviews with leaders and other talent management experts; continually developing new strategies to address the changing dynamics of workforce and leadership development
- Keynote addresses and workshops delivered to many organizations in the U.S., Europe, Australia, and South America
- Judge in the AARP “Best Employers” competition
Director, CPI Mature Workforce Initiatives
- Workforce policy advisor to AARP/California; finalist for their prestigious AARP Andrus award
- Long established mature workplace/workforce expertise in public, private & educational sectors, (e.g., University of California system, Department of Aging, Employment Development Department)
- Published author of Boom or Bust, Return of the Boomers, Plan “B” for Boomers & Beyond, The Myth Card Sort, The 50,000 Mile (mid-career) Checkup
- Nationally certified career consultant; certified mid-career and late career management expert; certified in change management practices
- “Carleen turns traditional workforce planning on its ear! She makes the case to organizations and individuals that there are new and important ways to attract, deploy, retain, challenge, motivate and reward talent across the 4 generations in today’s workplace.” Stephen Karp, Vice President, Compensation & Benefits, Spherion Corporation, a Fortune 1000 firm.